Monday, July 20, 2009

Dangerous Food Discoveries

After indulging myself to my food cravings, I have discovered some very dangerous finds. I have tasted Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee and I love it. It does taste like a frozen Creme Brulee. I wish I would have stopped there. While visiting my parents last week, my mother decided to go down the ice cream aisle in Walmart and we discovered Ben & Jerry's Mission to Marzipan. Creme Brulee is kind of on the sweeter side and it took about 2 weeks to finish the pint. Compare that to a lovely 2 days to finish the Mission to Marzipan. Well the journey does not end there, while in Suffolk, I also had a craving for almond croissants. I guess the almond in the Mission to Marzipan is to blame for setting off my craving for almond croissants. I made a few calls to a couple of bakeries and we finally found the croissants almost 30 minutes away, at the Newport News Fresh Market. The almond croissants were lovely and delicious as hoped. To add to my wonderful caloric craving craze, there is a Fresh Market conveniently located about 5 minutes from my OB in Richmond. I think it is quite clear that I given up on "watching what I eat", instead I am "on a mission to find the most fattening food finds". I will say that I am definitely taking advantage of having an excuse to have such decadent and delicious food cravings.

1 comment:

  1. i am a fan of blue bell ice cream sandwiches and rocky road...

    ReplyDelete